A medically supervised weight loss program is a type of weight loss program that is monitored and guided by a medical professional. It is usually recommended for people who are overweight or obese or have other health concerns that make traditional weight loss programs more challenging or risky, but any person who wants to lose even as little as 15 minutes can find success with this program.
Weight loss is a very complex issue, and excessive weight usually has several factors that cause it. That’s why an individualized plan monitored by a medical professional is necessary for success. Let’s talk about what medically supervised weight loss programs entail and why you should talk to your provider about it.
What is a Supervised Medical Weight Loss Program?
A supervised medical weight loss program is a comprehensive weight loss program that features the following: the use of meal replacements, medication and injections, physical exercises, regular weigh-ins, behavior modification, and nutrition and lifestyle counseling.
A supervised medical weight loss program will provide you with the motivation and support needed to reach your goals and ensure you are losing weight in a safe and healthy manner. Your nutritional needs will be met and your focus and energy levels will improve, and you will feel much better overall – that is the goal of supervised medical weight loss programs.
Here’s what is typically used in medically supervised weight loss programs:
- Meal replacements– Meal replacements are an important part of a supervised medical weight loss program. They provide the body with the nutrients it needs while helping to control calorie intake. Meal replacements can come in the form of shakes, bars, soups, or other foods that are high in protein and fiber and low in calories.
- Appetite suppressants – The appetite suppressant most commonly used in supervised medical weight loss programs is Phentermine, which is proven to be a very effective weight loss drug when combined with a nutritious diet and regular exercise. Not all patients require appetite suppressants, but for those who need extra help starting on a restrictive diet, it can be very helpful.
- Lipotropic injections– Lipotropic injections are a fat-burning treatment that can be used in a supervised medical weight loss program. They work by helping the body break down and metabolize fat cells, which can lead to weight loss. Lipotropic injections typically contain a mix of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids that help boost metabolism and promote healthy liver function.
- B12 injections– B12 injections are a common part of many supervised medical weight loss programs. They work by helping to boost metabolism and promote weight loss. B12 is a water-soluble vitamin that is found in food sources such as meat, poultry, fish, eggs, and dairy products. It is also available in supplement form. When injected, B12 bypasses the digestive system and enters the bloodstream directly, where it can be used by the body for energy production.
- Nutrition and behavior counseling–Nutrition and behavioral counseling are key components to success. A registered dietitian provides one-on-one nutritional counseling to help patients learn about healthy eating habits and make necessary changes in their diet. It also helps patients develop better-coping skills and overcome obstacles in their journey to weight loss.
Medically Supervised Weight Loss Program in Fort Worth TX
Find out if you qualify for physician-assisted weight loss. Texas Medical Institute offers supervised and tailored medical weight loss programs for our patients through our medical spa. Our friendly medical experts can explain everything about the program to you in detail and help determine if this type of program will help lead you to successful weight loss. We offer a free consultation for patients who are interested in this program. Call our office today at (817) 615-8633 or use our convenient online request form.