If you are overweight or obese, you are not alone. Obesity is an epidemic in America. If you have tried several commercial weight loss programs and the scale is not budging, consider a medical weight loss program.
Medical weight loss programs are devised by healthcare providers and are based on nutrition education, stress management techniques, lifestyle changes, reassurance, and encouragement. The benefits of medical weight loss go far beyond looking better – it can also improve your health and well-being.
Let’s take a quick look at the different types of medical weight loss programs.
Types of Medical Weight Loss Programs
Medical weight loss programs can be surgical or non-surgical. The providers at the Texas Medical Institute offer state-of-the-art and effective non-surgical weight loss programs that do not carry risks that come with surgical procedures.
Non-surgical Weight Loss Program
One might assume that non-surgical weight loss programs are limited to diet and exercise, but that is not the case if you get a weight loss plan customized by a healthcare provider. Non-surgical medical weight loss programs consist of:
Nutrition and Lifestyle Changes
Long-term weight loss requires a commitment to being active and eating healthy, nutritious food. In a medical weight loss program, a healthcare provider partners with you on your journey to shed pounds by offering:
- Customized eating and meal plans
- Expert guidance on diet and nutrition
- Strategies and tools to make smart lifestyle choices and needed changes
By recognizing and eliminating emotional eating, unhealthy eating habits, and other barriers to weight loss, medical weight loss providers drive success. Dietary changes in medical weight loss might include partial meal replacements and a low carb/high protein diet. Behavioral changes such as goal-setting skills, mindfulness activities, and weight management education are also a part of a non-surgical medical weight loss program regimen.
Medical weight loss specialists can recommend weight loss medications for long-term use. These medications may include appetite suppressants, supplements, lipotropic injections, and CBD products for weight loss.
- Appetite Suppressants: These medications suppress hunger, control hunger pangs, and make you feel full faster. Appetite suppressants help you lose about 3% to 9% of body weight within 12 months of their use. FDA-approved appetite suppressants that are recommended for short-term use include diethylpropion, liraglutide, naltrexone-bupropion, phendimetrazine, phentermine, phentermine/topiramate.
- Lipotropic Injections: Also known as fat burning injections, these help decrease fat deposits and accelerate the removal of fats from the liver, translating into weight loss. Lipotropic injections work best when they are combined with exercise and a calorie-controlled diet.
- CBD Products for Weight Loss: CBD products shed pounds by speeding up metabolism through thermogenesis and energy production. As a result, you burn more calories and shed pounds with ease.
Zerona Laser Treatment
Zerona laser treatment is a non-surgical and non-invasive fat removal treatment using laser heat to melt stubborn fat cells. Zerona laser treatment is an alternative to liposuction, transforming your dimples and bulges into toned, smooth curves.
Medical Weight Loss Fort Worth TX
If you have stubborn weight that just won’t budge, make plans to visit our medical weight loss specialists in Fort Worth, Texas. Our providers can offer you a thorough medical evaluation and a variety of tools and strategies to help you lose weight. They devise individualized and medically-supervised medical weight loss programs for both men and women.
To get a medical weight loss plan, call (817) 615-8633 or fill out our appointment request form.