As its name implies, a family medicine center is a primary care medical clinic that serves the healthcare needs of the entire family, regardless of age or gender. As such, it offers diagnostic screenings, treatments, and preventive care for a wide range of conditions.
However, not all family medicine centers are alike. Those that are multidisciplinary offer more in the way of comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services. Take, for example, Texas Medical Institute in Fort Worth, Texas, where the most common diagnoses made include:
- Common health problems – At Texas Medical Institute, our family medicine physicians are trained to diagnose and treat everything from a cold or the flu to sore throats or ear infections.
- Emerging medical conditions – Your Texas Medical Institute family medicine doctor can use diagnostic screenings to analyze any new and unusual symptoms and detect the development of a hidden or serious condition requiring prompt attention, such as heart disease, diabetes, or cancer. That includes ordering, performing, and interpreting diagnostic tests and explaining the test results to you.
- Chronic illnesses and injuries– Your Texas Medical Institute family physician can diagnose chronic and degenerative conditions, such as asthma, diabetes, cancer, heart disease, and stroke, as well as orthopedic conditions, and provide personalized, ongoing care. Using diagnostic tests, your Texas Medical Institute care provider can manage your chronic condition and assess your rehabilitative progress to determine the most effective follow-up measures in your personalized treatment plan.
In addition to diagnosing and treating a variety of common healthcare issues, Texas Medical Institute places an important emphasis on providing preventive care. Our doctors not only educate patients about disease prevention and maintaining their health but also proactively promote strategies to prevent you from becoming ill in the first place, such as:
- Suggesting the best forms of exercise for your fitness level.
- Providing weight control and nutritional guidance.
- Sharing effective stress relief and anger management techniques.
Plus, Texas Medical Institute providers and staff coordinate your rehabilitation with referred specialists, physical rehabilitation or occupational therapists, pharmacists, and any other health care providers, all to make sure all of your medical needs are properly addressed.
Family Medicine Center in Fort Worth, Texas
The highly skilled healthcare professionals at Texas Medical Institute in Fort Worth, Texas, not only diagnose but also treat a wide variety of medical conditions ranging from joint and back pain to herniated discs, arthritic conditions, allergies, flu, and colds, sports, work, and auto injuries, and minor medical emergencies including cuts and burns – all under one roof.
That’s because our experienced team includes high-caliber family medicine practitioners, physical rehabilitation specialists, chiropractors, and physician assistants who have extensive training in multiple healthcare disciplines, enabling them to quickly diagnose and provide personalized care targeted to your specific condition.
Whatever your medical needs, Texas Medical Institute is ready to help relieve or manage your pain and restore your overall well-being. To schedule an appointment with one of our dedicated healthcare providers, call our Fort Worth clinic today at (817) 615-8633 or use our secure online form.