No matter what your age is, it’s important to have a family doctor that you can go to for routine checkups, immunizations and vaccines, health advice, and chronic disease management. With a family doctor as your primary care provider, you’re looking at better health and wellness.
Whether you’re looking for a new family clinic or just want to make the most of your current one, here are 10 tips for ensuring a perfect visit:
- Schedule an appointment in advance – This will help ensure that you are seen by the doctor at a time that is convenient for you. It is also so you have ample time to prepare for the visit and are seen by the doctor without having to wait too long.
- Arrive on time – If you arrive late, your appointment may need to be rescheduled, which could cause delays in getting the care you need.
- Bring all relevant medical information with you – This includes your ID, insurance card, any previous test results and imaging scans, medications, and immunization records.
- Be prepared to answer questions about your health history and current symptoms – This will help the doctor make an accurate diagnosis and recommend treatment options best suited to your individual needs.
- Write down any symptoms or concerns that you have – This will help the doctor diagnose any problems more quickly and accurately. Any pain, wheezing, itching, abnormal skin growths, difficulty sleeping, and more, should be brought to the attention of your family doctor.
- Be honest about symptoms, even if they seem embarrassing – Truthfully, doctors have heard it all. The more open and detailed you are about your symptoms, the easier it will be for the doctor to assess your condition and recommend the proper tests for further investigation.
- Prepare and ask questions– Ideal patients are those that ask questions. Family doctors actually welcome questions from patients, as it empowers them to take an active role in their health.
- Dress comfortably – Wear clothing that allows easy access to all areas of your body, so the doctor can properly examine you if necessary.
- Make sure you are well-rested and have eaten before hand– Having slept and eaten well, it will be easier to focus on the task at hand and be present throughout the visit.
- Make sure your child is well-rested and not hungry – If you are coming in for a health check for your child, make sure they are also well-rested and not hungry, so they will be more cooperative and less stressed.
Family Clinic in Fort Worth, TX
Dr. Greg Gardner is our board-certified family medicine doctor at Texas Medical Institute. Dr. Gardner is dedicated to providing the best medical care to the entire family. We are a multi-specialty practice, and together with Dr. Gardner, we are committed to your health.
If you choose Texas Medical Institute, you are guaranteed a family doctor who practices excellence and is one of the best in the field, graduating with the highest honors from Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville. Additionally, you can expect compassionate care from each one of us.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Gardner, call our office today at (817) 615-8633, or use our convenient online request form.